Putting more energy into our thoughts about past or future than is necessary distracts us from experiencing what is real. Life manifests only in the present.
Truth is simple, only you are complicated. Truth is here-now, only you are far away, lost in words, theories, systems and philosophies. Don’t wait to be successful at some future point. Have a successful relationship with the present moment and be fully present in whatever you are doing. That is success.
The best way to take care of the future is to take care of the present moment. – Thich Nhat Hanh
God is always joking. Look at your own life – it is a joke! Look at other people’s lives, and you will find jokes and jokes and jokes. Seriousness is illness, seriousness has nothing spiritual about it. Spirituality is laughter, spirituality is joy, spirituality is fun! – Osho
Present moment is the only moment there ever is, all else are thoughts being experienced in the mind in the present moment. Now is the only reality, all else is either memory or imagination.
If we are not fully ourselves, truly in the present moment, we miss everything. – Thich Nhat Hanh
We have a tendency to think in terms of doing and not in terms of being. We think that when we are not doing anything, we are wasting our time. But that is not true. Our time is first of all for us to be. – Thich Nhat Hanh
Tomorrow, I will continue to be. But you will have to be very attentive to see me. I will be a flower, or a leaf. I will be in these forms and I will say hello to you. If you are attentive enough, you will recognize me, and you may greet me. I will be very happy. – Thich Nhat Hanh
- My life is likely to last 10 to 15 years. Any separation from you will be painful: remember that before you get me.
- Give me time to understand what you want of me.
- Place your trust in me – it is crucial to my well being.
- Do not be angry at me for long, and do not lock me up as punishment.
- You have your work, your entertainment, and your friends. I only have you.
- Talk to me sometimes. Even if I don’t understands your words, I understand your voice when it is speaking to me.
- Be aware that how ever you treat me, I will never forget.
- Remember before you hit me that I have teeth that could easily hurt you, but I choose not to bite you because I love you.
- Before you scold me for being uncooperative, obstinate, or lazy, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I might not be getting the right food, or I have been out too long, or my heart is getting too old and weak.
- Take care of me when I get old; you too will grow old. Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say: “I cannot bear to watch” or “Let it happen in my absence.” Everything is easier for me if you are there, even my death.
Living in the present moment or “Now” doesn’t mean giving up the past or future at all, it simply means we should acknowledge them for what they are – thoughts being experienced in the mind in the present moment. Putting more energy into our thoughts about past or future than is necessary distracts us from experiencing what is real. Life manifests only in the present. Present moment is the only moment there ever is.